Art education classes have always been an important part of the school week for my three boys. Our school system does a fantastic job putting together an annual art show which showcases one piece of art from every child in our community. Art class is many times the only place where children have an opportunity to explore and create something outside the box. There’s no denying that art education is an important outlet for creativity during the overly structured school day.
Unfortunately due to funding issues many art education programs struggle to continue and are generally some of the first programs to be cut from a underfunded school budget.
I’m honored to be working with The Motherhood and Blick Art Supplies to help spread the word about a fabulous resource called Art Room Aid.
Art Room Aid
Art Room Aid was created in 2009 as an online resource to connect art educators (who share project ideas and funding needs) with arts advocates (who can make contributions to projects in need that resonate with them).
Want to learn more about this fantastic resource?
There’s a Twitter Party happening this week! Join @Blick_Art and @ArtRoomAid to learn how you can support art education, make sure art continues to play a role in your children’s lives, and spread the word about Art Room Aid in your community. We’ll be discussing projects you can do with your own kids, and sharing sources of inspiration.
- What: Do you believe art is an essential part of your child’s education? Then you already know how important art education is — and how schools are struggling to keep their art programs alive. That’s where Art Room Aid can help! A program of Blick Art Materials, Art Room Aid is helping teachers across the country enlist the aid of parents, families, friends, and other art advocates to fund their art projects and keep creative learning going.
- When: Wednesday, Jan. 16, 2 p.m. ET
- Where: We’ll be on Twitter – follow the #BlickARA hashtag to track the conversation. See this Twtvite for more info and to RSVP: http://twtvite.com/BlickARA
- Hashtag: #BlickARA
- Prizes: We will give away five total prizes – two $25 Blick gift coupons, two $50 Blick gift coupons, and one $75 Blick gift coupon.
- Hosts: @theMotherhood, @CooperMunroe, @EmilyMcKhann
- Check out Art Room Aid here: Art Room Aid
Disclosure: This is part of a sponsored campaign with the Motherhood. All opinions are my own.