As many of you know, I started a petition with the support of Healthy Child Healthy World and Women’s Voices for the Earth asking Procter & Gamble (makers of Tide) to strip a harmful cancer-causing chemical out of Tide Free & Gentle®.
The petition launched in February, 2012 and in just 2 1/2 months we already have close to 75,000 signatures. Tide says: “the most important ingredient in their products is safety”. It’s clear from the large number of signatures that we, as parents, are ready to hold corporations accountable on behalf of our children. BIG thank you to all of you who have taken the time to sign the petition.
Procter & Gamble hasn’t responded-it’s time to turn up the volume
Procter & Gamble (makers of Tide Free & Gentle®) has blatantly ignored the 75,000 people who’ve contacted them to remove the cancer-causing chemical 1,4-dioxane from Tide Free & Gentle®. Now it’s time to turn up the volume.
This Friday the 13th (tomorrow!), join me along with Women’s Voices for the Earth and Healthy Child Healthy World to post on Tide’s Facebook wall about how scary it is to find a cancer-causing chemical in their “gentle” detergent.
Here are a few sample Facebook post ideas you can copy (prepared by Women’s Voices for the Earth):
- It’s Friday the 13th, and my Tide Free & Gentle contains a cancer-causing chemical – what’s scarier than that?! Please remove 1,4-dioxane!
- My Tide Free & Gentle comes with cancer?! Friday the 13th just got scarier! Please remove 1,4-dioxane!
- Get the cancer-causing chemical out of my “gentle” detergent! Please remove 1,4-dioxane from Tide Free & Gentle.
- Please remove 1,4-dioxane, linked to cancer, from Tide Free & Gentle! I want my detergent to be TRULY gentle.
Tonight’s Healthy Child Healthy World Twitter party
Looking for something to do tonight? I’m going to be a panelist at a Twitter party with Healthy Child Healthy World. Join me along with Paige Wolfe Author of Spit That Out and Lynne Anne Miller Founder of Organic Mania which is the home base for the Green Moms Carnival. We’ll be talking about non-toxic spring cleaning:
- Risky chemicals in conventional cleaning products,
- Safer alternatives for all your cleaning needs,
- How to purge your home of toxic chemicals
- Cheap DIY recipes and easy tips to make your home clean, green and healthy!
And there are PRIZES! Register HERE for a chance to win.
Can you join in tomorrow on Facebook or tonight on Twitter? Thanks for joining in and helping to make the world a better place.
© Africa Studio – Fotolia.com