It’s National Pancake Week! Time to whip up a batch of your favorite pancakes in celebration.
The back story: the week leading up to Ash Wednesday was traditionally a time to purge your kitchen of all rich and dairy foods. A brilliant marketing major declared that this week would be National Pancake Week- since traditional pancakes are made from dairy products like butter, milk and eggs.
I have to be honest, every week in our house is National Pancake Week. We make a lot of pancakes over here. My kids love making them and I love mixing in secret ingredients such as flax seed, chia seeds and ground nuts.
In honor of this yummy celebration I’ve teamed up with Stonyfield to create some tasty pancakes with their delicious organic Greek yogurt.
My kids love to cook so they were ready to roll up their sleeves and help.
We had some extra time this morning before school so everyone could enjoy their pancakes.
Time to Make the Pancakes!
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/2 tsp. baking soda
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup nonfat vanilla Stonyfield Organic Greek Yogurt yogurt
- 2 eggs
- 2 Tbsp. coconut oil
- 1 tsp. chia seeds
- Extra milk (any type of milk is fine. I used rice milk)
- Cooking oil (preferably coconut oil or olive oil)
- Blueberries and maple syrup for topping
- Mix together in a bowl flour, baking soda, salt, yogurt, eggs, chia seeds and oil. If batter seems too think add milk to reach desired consistency.
- Heat a stainless steel or cast iron frying pan without oil for 2-3 minutes over medium heat.
- Add light layer of cooking oil to heated frying pan.
- Spoon batter into the heated frying pan in the shape of round cakes.
- Let cook until bubbles form on the top of the pancakes (generally takes 2-3 minutes).
- Flip and cook the pancakes until golden brown on the bottom side, about another 2-3 minutes.
- Serve pancakes hot, with organic maple syrup and blueberries.
Enjoy! What’s your favorite ingredient to add to pancakes?
This post was created in partnership with Stonyfield. All opinions are my own.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function aarfie_comment_share() in /home/content/43/5955543/html/wp-content/themes/greenlivin/single.php on line 28