I am always on the look out for new personal care products that fit into my groovy green lifestyle. I have spent endless hours researching brands and trying different products. Some work and some don’t.
Miessence is put to the test
Erin Ely of Miessence was kind enough to send me a sampling of products to review from the company. This is a new product for me-but Erin has been selling Miessence since 2005. I decided to put her products to the test.
Background on the company
Miessence products are manufactured by the Organic and Natural Enterprise Group (ONEgroup). The products are sold through Independent Representatives-think Avon or Tupperware-and Erin Ely is an independent representative. All links in this review go directly to her site.
How did Miessence hold up?
- Nut-Free-many personal care products contain nut oils. My son has a life-threatening nut allergy so anything with nuts stays out of our home.There were two nuts listed as possible ingredients on the Miessence site: shea and tamanu nut oil. The Miessence certified organic Tropicana Body Milk did have shea butter-everything else was clear.
- Scored well on the Environmental Working Group’s Skin Deep Cosmetic Database–Miessence rocked this category-scoring between 0-2. The ingredients are pure, mostly organic and sound good enough to eat. Many of the products are certified organic through ACO (Australian Certified Organic). One of my favorites- Miessence Mint Toothpaste -uses Stevia, a natural sweetener with no calories.
- Price-These products are expensive-an 8.5 fl. oz. bottle of shampoo costs $22.00. There are trial sizes for purchase for around $6.00.
- They did their job-Once a product makes its way into my house it goes through a battery of additional testing by a group of relentless judges-me, my husband and my 3 kids. My hair felt clean with the Miessence Dessert Flower Shampoo and Miessence Shine Herbal Hair Conditioner. The Miessence certified organic Tropicana Body Milk took a while to absorb into my skin and it was a bit sticky.
- Lather-The Miessence Dessert Flower Shampoo surprisingly had great lather -I have found most organic shampoos to be lacking in this department since they don’t contain sodium lauryl sulfate.
- Smell-all the products smelled clean and fresh with no overpowering scent. The Miessence certified organic Tropicana Body Milk had a coconut scent, which I liked.
- I am a label snob. Their labels are pretty.
- Packaging-The containers are plastic. I am not a fan in general, but they come in recyclable plastic bottles and tubes which state “100% Recyclable non leaching Plastic”. Guess I can live with that.
- Their products are never tested on animals.
Overall, I really liked their products. The Miessence Dessert Flower Shampoo, Miessence Shine Herbal Hair Conditioner and Miessence Mint Toothpaste were my favorites. I didn’t care for the he Miessence certified organic Tropicana Body Milk. The cost of the products is a factor and won’t fit into everyone’s budget. The company does offer sample sizes for most of their products-giving you an opportunity to try them out without committing big bucks. There are many more products to peruse on the site.
Miessence and Disclosure
Erin Ely of Miessence Organics sent me an assortment of goodies for review. I am not affiliated with Miessence in any way and any opinions you find here are my very own. Click HERE for more information on my product review policy.
Fatal error: Call to undefined function aarfie_comment_share() in /home/content/43/5955543/html/wp-content/themes/greenlivin/single.php on line 28