I’ve been an olive oil user for years. I buy it in a very pure minimally processed form, which is a healthier version than processed. Olive oil has a fairly high cooking temperature and adds great flavor to many dishes.
Olive oil isn’t just for cooking. It has a few interesting uses that make it even more appealing to keep around.
- Moisturizer. My grandmother used to sleep with Noxema and she had gorgeous skin. A little olive oil will do the same trick.
- Remove Stickers. This one would have saved me a lot of effort since my kids were notorious for putting stickers in all the wrong places. Cover the sticker with the oil, then gently peel it off the surface.
- Wood Furniture Polish. Apply olive oil to a soft cloth and use on your wood furniture.
- Lip Balm. I’m not by definition a DIYer , but there are times when the urge to use those creative juices is hard to resist. I actually made my own lip balm with olive oil last year. Here’s the recipe.
- Cleaning Stainless Steel. Cleaning stainless steel pots and pans is actually pretty simple. As the stainless pots and pans dry rub a bit of olive oil on the pan to prevent streaks, rust, and tarnish.
- Makeup Remover. Apply a small amount of olive oil to your face and gently wash off with a damp washcloth.
- Prevent mosquitoes from breeding. Pour a layer of olive oil on top of stagnant water to prevent mosquitoes.
- Kill Lice. We’ve had lice more than once and olive oil was our savoir. Lice can’t hold their breath for over eight hours so the sleeping with olive oil on your hair kills them.
- Condition Cuticles. Put a little olive oil on your cuticles before you head to bed.
- Use Around the House Instead of WD-40. Use olive oil to fix a creaky door or a any other hinges that need a little tweak.
Do you have any other interesting uses for olive oil?
Fatal error: Call to undefined function aarfie_comment_share() in /home/content/43/5955543/html/wp-content/themes/greenlivin/single.php on line 28